7/27/2005

Fun is for assholes

Jamie Stewart of Xiu Xiu lists his favorite guitarists for Pitchfork. Well worth reading.

Xiu Xiu also has a new album out. Well worth hearing. It will make you feel uncomfortable. And you will love it.

They are also on tour. Dates can be found here. Xiu Xiu puts out good records; they put on great shows. Go see them.

Xiu Xiu also played Pitchfork's Intonation Festival. I was not there. And I hate, hate, hate, hate myself for missing it. With a level of self-loathing unparalleled since I missed the final Guided By Voices shows in Chicago.

Fluxblog was at Intonation. He said it "ought to become the new template for outdoor multi-band shows in the United States."

Fluxblog is also endorsed by Bob Mould in this interview for PopMatters.
Fluxblog is a good example of how this can work. Any of the sites where people are really talking about music and offering a track and a link to where to buy it and everybody cooperates, then you really get somewhere.
I agree with Bob Mould. I would like to wear a t-shirt that says as much.

Bob has a new album out too. It's good but not great. Although sometimes it gets pretty close. Listen to a track here.

Bob is also on tour. Dates here. He's promised lots of songs from throughout his career, including the Hüsker Dü years. A Hüsker Dü reunion is way up on my list of bands I'd like to see get back together again. But I'll gladly settle for this.

Just please, please, please play "New Day Rising" Bob.

Thanks.